Owner: Angel Lopez GM, Sharon Smith and Rob Smith
Team Colors: Green & Silver
Franchise Established: 2012
Ironbowl Championships: 0
Franchise Winning Record: NA
Stadium: Ameche Field
Ticket Info: (540)209-1262
Team Website: http://www.antiochsting.org/
Kenosha Sting at a Glance
Pre-Clovis culture settlements were discovered in the greater Kenosha area in the late 20th century. These prehistoric settlements date approximately to the era of the Wisconsin glaciation. Paleo Indiansfirst settled in the area at least 13,500 years ago.
The early name by the Ojibwa Indians is reported as Masu-kinoja. This describes the place of spawning trout as "Trout (Pike) come all at same time". There were thousands of fish entering the rivers from Lake Michigan. Harvesting these fish provided food for the coming months. There is also a town of Masu-kegan in Michigan.
The first white settlers were part of the Western Emigration Company. They arrived in the early 1830s from Hannibal and Troy, New York, led by John Bullen, Jr., who sought to purchase enough land for a town. Thwarted in Milwaukee and Racine, the group arrived at Pike Creek on 6 June 1835, building log and later frame homes. The first school and churches followed by 1835, with platting completed in 1836. As more settlers arrived and the first post office was established, the community was first known as Pike in 1836. In the ensuing years the area became an important Great Lakes shipping port, and the village was once again renamed, this time to Southport. (This is still the name of a southeast-side neighborhood, park, and elementary school, as well as several businesses).
In 1850, another change brought the growing city (and later Kenosha County) its current title, an Anglicized version of the early name Kinoje. Kenoshans often refer affectionately to their city as "K-Town" and "Keno" (the latter adopted by some local businesses).
Between 1902 and 1988, Kenosha produced millions of automobiles and trucks under marques such as Jeffery, Rambler, Nash, Hudson, LaFayette, and American Motors Corporation (AMC). A prototype steam car was built in Kenosha by the Sullivan-Becker engineering firm in 1900. Two years later the Thomas B. Jeffery Company, builders of the Sterling bicycle, began production of the Rambler runabout. In 1902 Rambler and Oldsmobile were the first cars to employ mass-production techniques. The 1902 Rambler was also the first automobile to incorporate a steering wheel, rather than use the then-common tiller-controlled steering. In 1916 Jeffery was purchased by auto executive Charles W. Nash and became Nash Motors. In May 1954, Nash acquired Detroit-based Hudson and the new firm was named American Motors Corporation. A 47-acre (190,000 m2) west side park and an elementary school are named for Charles W. Nash.
|Saturday June 9,6:00pm||MADISON MUSTANGS||Middleton High School||28-9|
|Saturday June 16,6:00pm||SOUTHERN LAKES BLUE DEVILS||Paddock Lake||54-7|
|Saturday June 23,6:00pm||MILWAUKEE VENOM||Ameche Field||0-0|
|Saturday June 30,6:00pm||ELGIN EAGLES||South Elgin High School||0-0|
|Saturday July 14,6:00pm||MILWAUKEE HURRICANES||Hart Park||0-0|
|Saturday July 21,6:00pm||SHOREWOOD MONARCHS||Ameche Field||0-0|
|Saturday July 28,6:00pm||WAUWATOSA SPARTANS||Ameche Field||0-0|
|Saturday August 4,6:00pm||MUSKEGO HITMEN||Milwaukee Sports Complex||0-0|
|Saturday August 11,6:00pm||FOND DU LAC CRUSADERS||Ameche Field||0-0|